In the northwest corner of the center is located the two-storied building of the Town-Hall. It was built in 1907 for the House of Deposits and Consignments. The destination of the building changed in the course of time. In 1945 became the center of the communist party. Until December 1989 in this building was also the seat of the People’ Council. Today it is the residence of the local administration.
In the northwest corner the historical center is situated the Cultural House of the town, built in the period of 1903-1904. It has a theatre hall with a seating capacity of 500 places and a conference hall, which seats 200 persons; besides the club, the exposition places, the permanent gallery and the rehearsal halls ensure its variable activity. Here is the seat of the people’s theatre “Boér Géza”, of the people’s university, of the folk dance ensemble “Vigadó” and of the cultural association “Molnár Józsiás”. Here are the workshops of the five plastic artists of the town and of a well-known wood sculptor, as well.
At the end of the last century on the west part of the historical center each house was renovated or reconstructed according to the secessionist style, which is characteristic to the century. The range of the western buildings is closed by the reformed church. By his side begins the Gábor Áron Street, which leads in the direction of Braşov, from the center southwestward. On the head of the street is situated the reformed church, built in 1907, while at the end of the street the memorial house of Turóczi Mozes with a commemorative plaque, the place where the guns were founded for the Revolutions of 1848-1849. On the square in front of the house was placed the bust of Turóczi Mozes, made in 1993 by the sculptor Vetró András.