The Guild Museum of Târgu-Secuiesc was inaugurated in the spring of the year 1972 in the building of the former Town-hall. In the halls dedicated for the traditional craftsmen (potters, bootmakers, schoemakers, skin dressers, locksmiths, honey-cake makers, hatters, tailors) can be seen the tools, products and equipment of these craftsmen on the occasion of different expositions. Besides the collection realized from the craftsmen’s efforts, in each hall are preserved written documents, flags, boxes, tables of different guilds and handicraftsmen associations. The exposition with historical character illustrates the economic and social development of the town. The documents of the Revolution of 1848-49 were laid in a separate hall. In the halls dedicated for plastic art are periodically organized different expositions from the works of the invited artists. Another important collection is the doll collection of about two hundred dolls, the most of them being dressed in a Hungarian national costume. From the point of view of the territorial expansion there are represented almost all costumes from Transylvania, which temporarily cover approximately a century, constituting a priceless ethnographical value.
The Pharmaceutical Museum of Târgu-Secuiesc (Szekler Neumarkt)
The Pharmaceutical Museum is situated on the first floor of the so-called Finta-House. (Court 12 no.1). The real estate predecessor of the Finta-House, the former house with round porch, was built in 1835 after the great fire, and because of its ruinous state it was demolished in 1972. The building was rebuilt in 1978 preserving its previous form. The exhibited materials were saved for the posterity by dr. Boga Olivér head physician.
The museum objects and the apparatus were exposed for the first time in 2008 in one of the buildings of the Centre for Gerontology and Rehabilitation in Alsólemhény. From there they were brought in the building of the Finta-House.
The basis of the collection’s material represents the apparatus of the pharmacies no.24 and 52 of Kézdivásárhely after 1949, completed with the collection of Dr. Boga Olivér. The collection survived the Communism and escaped from confiscation. After the change of the regime dr. Boga Olivér asked for the furniture and apparatus from the personnel of the Golden Snake Pharmacy, which had already been functioning as a private pharmacy and completed it with his own collection. Other donations were also included afterwards.
According to our present knowledge there are 22 pharmaceutical museums in the country. Most of them are functioning within an institute. In Transylvania are recorded four, one of them is in Kézdivásárhely. The actual state of the museum praises the work of the civil association Let’s act for Kézdi Seat.