The historical aspect of the town is defined the Reformed and Calvinist Church, one of the biggest churches of Transylvania (with a seating capacity of 1.000 places). The church was built in Baroque and Neoclassic style between 1770 and 1782, on the fundament of a small wooden church from the beginning of the 17th century. It was a fortified church. During the fire of 1834 the church tower and the roof-timbers were destroyed, being reconstructed in four years, while the tower at the entrance westwards was constructed in 1846. The first organ was made in 1757 by an unknown master. The current organ goes back to 1861, being the creation of the famous organ maker, Kolonics Istvan, who established in the town Târgu Secuiesc.